Friday 18 June 2010

Trader Data Turns Up

Looks like the worst of the market selloff might be over, but who knows. My charts show a lot of the stock indexes in a long trading range since last September. I've just updated my latest signals table with the new information from today's Commitments of Traders report issued by the nice people at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. No time for a lengthy report this week, so here is the executive summary version:
My S&P 500 setup is bullish for one week starting on next week's open of trading. Then back to cash. My setup for the BKX U.S. Bank Index is in cash next week after a single, not-so-good week being bearish. The large speculator total open interest has shot up sharply. This is a good sign for BKX, marking two consecutive weeks of rising data. The gold large spec data is looking good too this week (though the setup remains in cash). And natural gas got a bearish signal with a one-week delay (meaning execution on the open the week of June 28).

I hope you did okay this week, have a great weekend and do excellently next week. I won't be available to do a portfolio update, but I'll be back with a post next weekend.

No comments: