Friday 20 May 2011

Is it a Top? Trader Data not Happy

Markets sure feel toppy these days - especially now that the "best six months" seasonally favourable period for most major stock indexes is now over. This afternoon's Commitments of Traders report suggests the weakness could continue. My trading setup for the S&P 500 remains bearish, and trader positioning isn't giving any hopeful signs for bulls. See my newly updated latest signals table for details based on today's COT release. Have a good weekend, and to Canadian readers - a good long weekend. TGIF! Good luck next week.

4 comments:

victor_obrien said...

Wow! Anonymous user 8329 opened the spreadsheet!

I guess you didn't receive my last comment: According to my notes your start date for the bullish Nikkei position was 18-Ap-11, not 18-My-11 shown in latest and past spreadsheets.

Thank you for sharing your work. -Victor

I_Got_Prechterized said...

Alex, when you say your indicator is bearish on bonds, do you mean bearish on bonds or yields? I'd assume bearish on bonds means just that, so higher rates ahead?

Alex Roslin said...

Hi I Got Prechterized,

Yes, bearish on bonds means bullish for yields.

Regards,
Alex

Alex Roslin said...

Hi Victor,

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correction. I've changed that now.

Regards,
Alex