Sunday 9 June 2013

Crude Oil From Bullish to Cash

My three-week-old long signal for crude oil comes to an end on the coming week's open of trading.

That's based on the latest trader positioning in crude oil futures and options as revealed by the weekly Commitments of Traders reports from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

I've updated my latest signals table with the latest positioning in crude oil and the other nine markets I'm trading using this free data.

My other signals remain the same:

- bullish for the S&P 500 and the Nikkei
- bearish for the BKX U.S. Bank Index and the Nasdaq-100 index
- bullish on gold and silver
- bearish for copper and natural gas
- bearish on the 30-year Treasury bond

Yes, kind of a mixed bag! But that's the way the COT cookie crumbles much of the time. The data is usually fairly contradictory, which is why most people don't have much of an idea of what to do with it.

Good luck this week!

No comments: