Wednesday 10 July 2013

Bearish Turn for Nikkei

New signal for this week based on the Commitments of Traders reports: bearish for the Nikkei Stock Average.

That signal would have taken effect on this week's open of trading, but there was a delay in the release of last week's COT report due to the July 4 holiday. And I didn't get around to updating my spreadsheets until this morning. Very sorry for the delay.

Doesn't look like the Nikkei has moved too much since the week's open, so I'm going to probably put on the position right now after I check for an appropriate security to do it with.

Unfortunately, the bearish Nikkei ETFs out there have very low volume, so I sometimes don't do bearish trades for the Nikkei just because I don't like the securities available.

Also for next week's open, my signal for the 30-year Treasury goes to cash.

See my latest signals table for more details on how trader positioning is shaking out in the recent COT reports issued by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

I'll be on the road for the next few days so my next update may be slightly delayed again. Apologies in advance -- and good luck this week.

No comments: