Sunday 4 August 2013

Confusing Data For Equities in Latest COT Data

Odd mixed signals in the latest weekly Commitments of Traders report.

The S&P 500 commercial hedgers keep getting more heavily bearish in their futures and options positioning, moving to just a hair away from reversing my bullish signal.

Meanwhile, traders in the three-month Eurodollar contract got more bullish and sent my signal for the BKX U.S. Bank Index from cash to bullish on the coming week's open of trading.

See my latest signals table for all the gory details of the latest COT data from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

My bearish signal for the Nikkei goes to cash on this week's open.

And yet, my 30-year Treasury bond signal goes bullish on the weekly open - which should be a bearish portent for equities.

Amid all this, my natural gas signal remains faithfully bearish one more week.

It's fascinating data - but trying to make sense of the COT reports can sometimes make your head hurt. Good luck this week!

No comments: